In less than a week I will physically go in the flesh to the place where my heart has remained over this last year. It’s a place most people would avoid at all cost. But for me...(sigh of awe and amazement)…
…it’s the place where the face of Jesus became real as I looked into the eyes of the least of these…exquisite, radiant, pure, beauty.
It’s the place where the words in the bible describing God’s heart for the orphan came alive to me. A few more scales were removed from my sinful eyes and I understood God’s love more deeply.
It’s the place where I walk out obedience to my Lord...“I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send?”….I say, “Here I am. Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)
Jesus, thank you for letting me go back to the place where I first saw Your face. Thank you for letting me go back to be with the people You have given me such a passion for.
To the physical eye, Haiti is bound to be the most unattractive place on the planet.
God, please.
Please give us eyes to see past the exterior.
If we could see with our spiritual eyes, we would see Haiti has a heart…the outward ugliness would fade into the distance and there before us, would be some of the finest jewels laid out for our eyes to gaze upon.
Through God’s grace, I have seen past what repulses most and discovered the precious inner beauty of Haiti…this beauty is found in the living stones (people) that shine the love of Jesus. They are lovely living stones…part of God’s extraordinary Kingdom.
Every time I am at Pastor Nahum’s home it's emotional. When you are there, there is no denying you are among a people devoted to the Lord. As you sit there and observe them in the midst of their difficult living conditions, you see a joy you know can only come from God.
They have discovered what it means to be content in every situation.
It's like they really get what Christ did for them on the cross…surely this joy comes from the hope they have in knowing their suffering is only for a while and they really believe their great eternal reward is yet to come.
Jesus is their prize.
They have discovered what it means to be content in every situation.
It's like they really get what Christ did for them on the cross…surely this joy comes from the hope they have in knowing their suffering is only for a while and they really believe their great eternal reward is yet to come.
Jesus is their prize.
So this is the place...
On December 9-16th I will be going with a team to Pastor Nahum’s orphanage in Gilbert, Mirebalais.
We will participate in the last three days of a two week long revival at Pastor Nahum’s church where our pastor will preach. We will be spending the final days creating child sponsorship profiles for the orphans and we will also be taking Christmas gift bags to give the orphans as well as much needed supplies. Saturday will be a sweet time of celebrating both a baptism ceremony and a wedding.
The wedding ceremony is personal to me as it is the wedding of two of my Haitian friends, Nadege and Gethro.
When I was in Haiti at the beginning of this last October, they asked me to stand in as the “godmother” in their wedding. From what I understand, this is similar to being asked to be the maid of honor in an American Wedding. I am excited to be a part of their wedding, but I’m also completely naive as to what my responsibilities are concerning this role. Let’s just hope when it’s all over that Nadege and Gethro don’t regret asking the clueless American girl to participate as their “godmother.” I’ll let you know when I get back how all that plays out :)
On December 9-16th I will be going with a team to Pastor Nahum’s orphanage in Gilbert, Mirebalais.
We will participate in the last three days of a two week long revival at Pastor Nahum’s church where our pastor will preach. We will be spending the final days creating child sponsorship profiles for the orphans and we will also be taking Christmas gift bags to give the orphans as well as much needed supplies. Saturday will be a sweet time of celebrating both a baptism ceremony and a wedding.
The wedding ceremony is personal to me as it is the wedding of two of my Haitian friends, Nadege and Gethro.
When I was in Haiti at the beginning of this last October, they asked me to stand in as the “godmother” in their wedding. From what I understand, this is similar to being asked to be the maid of honor in an American Wedding. I am excited to be a part of their wedding, but I’m also completely naive as to what my responsibilities are concerning this role. Let’s just hope when it’s all over that Nadege and Gethro don’t regret asking the clueless American girl to participate as their “godmother.” I’ll let you know when I get back how all that plays out :)
So it’s less than a week now when I will be in Haiti...
…the place where my heart and my flesh will reunite.
I can already taste it, hear it, smell it, and see it.
It’s the place.
Haiti...a third world country.
I can’t explain it.
I just love it.
When I reach Pastor Nahum’s orphanage and I see all of their faces and hear their voices...my soul will hear, “welcome home.”
…the place where my heart and my flesh will reunite.
I can already taste it, hear it, smell it, and see it.
It’s the place.
Haiti...a third world country.
I can’t explain it.
I just love it.
When I reach Pastor Nahum’s orphanage and I see all of their faces and hear their voices...my soul will hear, “welcome home.”
Merci Jezi pou sa a kado! Thank you Jesus for this gift!
"Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." John 21:16

No comments:
Post a Comment