Sometimes God reaches down
from His heavenly throne, displays the splendor of His glory right before our
eyes, and places a miracle in our very own unworthy hands.
Last month was one of those times when God did what He sometimes does—He reached down and gave another miracle. I saw it with my eyes, I held it in my hands,
and I want to share it with you. But how
do you write a miracle with words? That’s
my dilemma. The miracle plays through my
head and pierces my heart. It makes my soul dance and praise. Then I search for
the right words and try typing out a few sentences describing the way I
remember it. But when I reread it, it’s
only black letters on a white screen—it's only words that could never fully describe the
magnitude and beauty of the miraculous. With
my blinking cursor on the last word I sigh.
The words are not enough and they never will be. My right pointer finger presses firmly down on the
backspace key and the words disappear in reverse. My computer screen stares back at me empty.
Then I realize it’s not my job to recreate the miracle in text but rather simply
praise Him for it so that’s what I’ll do.
May my soul’s praise glorify the Lord.........
Oh Jesus, I thought I must have been dreaming when I saw the new house You provided for Leon and the boys (the biological daddy and 3 brothers of our twin baby girls).
It's beautiful, Jesus. They are all so happy and thankful.
This was the first time I was able to visit with Leon inside his home. Before, when he lived in the mud hut, we always had to stand outside. Watching Leon and the boys suffering in that dilapidated mud hut was nearly more sorrow than my heart could hold.
Thank You, Jesus, for showing them Your redemptive love in a tangible way by lifting some of the burdens in their difficult lives.
As soon as I arrived at his new home I caught his eyes and he didn't look away like he used to. Before he always felt bad about not having a chair to offer me to sit during our visits. This time he was beaming as he welcomed me inside his own home with a roof that doesn't leak. The table was the first thing that grabbed my attention. I remember like I was standing right there the way everything about that table made me smile. Jesus, I saw it. And I couldn't believe it. Thank You, for Your grace. Thank You, for not letting me miss this. That little table sat in the corner of this new home, perfect and beautiful, dressed in Your love for Leon and his boys. Jesus, You are so good. Leon had the table set nicely. It was covered with a pale blue table cloth and on top of the cloth was a little silver tin can holding a few stems of artificial flowers. A large basket was in the corner filled with all of their dishes and my favorite part was seeing the bowls of rice. Oh my precious Lord, thank You for all of this.
4 full bowls. One for Lenel, Simeon, Oldo, and Leon...
Lots of things raced through my mind when I saw this food. I thought of our baby girls--Leon's baby girls--back at our home in Texas, with food always readily available to them. I realized how too often my words ring hollow when I give You thanks for my own abundant supply of food. I'm sorry for that. Looking at those 4 bowls flooded my heart with sincere deep gratitude and that's how it should be. Thank You, for this food Jesus and please continue to provide it daily.
What You have done here means so much to me and all I can do is bow at Your feet raising empty hands to give praise and thanks to Your Holy Name. Thank You, my sweet Jesus, for giving Leon and his boys this miracle...and for allowing me to see it.
The time You let us share together was priceless. I'll never forget this Christmas with the boys. I'll never forget their smiles.
When it was time for me to leave, Leon reached out for my hand. He wanted to make sure I knew this one thing before I left. He waits until our eyes are holding each other before he speaks. Then in a tender humbled voice he begins telling me how grateful he is to You, Jesus, for all of these things You have done in his life and for his children. And, Jesus, when I heard Leon praising You this way, it sounded like angels singing. It was lovely. You are lovely. Thank You, Jesus!! Mesi Jezi!!
A huge thank you to everyone who prayed and gave love offerings to Back to Life Ministries so we could build Leon and the boys this wonderful home! God used YOU to answer their prayers!!
THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS INDESCRIBABLE GIFT! 2 CORINTHIANS 9:15
AWWWW! I am so glad you got to see his home. Maybe I can go there with you one day. God bless you Rochelle for being a voice for them :)
ReplyDeletekindly come to India
ReplyDelete