Once this happens…Once our hearts start to break for the same things that break God’s heart...Well, I can’t speak for everyone but it makes me hurt...and it makes me pray.
Like right now for instance. It’s after midnight and I can’t sleep. Pastor Nahum told me about 2 hours ago he was taking my good friend, Nadege, to the hospital. Nadege is 8 months pregnant but she is having complications. Her blood pressure is really high and the last I heard the doctors were going to do an operation to deliver the baby tonight. So while I should be sleeping right now I’m wide awake…hurting for Nadege… feeling God’s compassion for her.
![]() |
| Nadege has such a special place in my heart. |
I know too much about Haiti. I don’t have a peace about what it will look like for Nadege to have surgery in this impoverished country and it’s not the kind of place you want to deliver a premature baby.
Why God? Why did you let me lay my heart out there fully exposed to so many people whose lives are defined by so much sorrow? Their needs and sufferings seem constant … overwhelming. But the blessing I have from knowing each of them is from the Lord...something I'd never be willing to give up. After I get over my routine “it’s-not-fair” 4 -year old style reaction, I pray.
I pray a lot and I pray hard. I beg God for miracles. I ask Him to show Himself as the defender of the weak, provider of the needy, and father of the fatherless. I'm praying now for God to rescue Nadege and her baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment