| Pastor Nahum with mama and me sitting on the edge of the church foundation |
He is a strong man. NEVER goes to the doctor. But something was happening in his body. He couldn’t catch his breath and when he did take a breath it hurt awful. He drove all day in the Haiti heat with no air conditioning searching for someone, anyone, to help him. The car broke down a few times. Hospitals were turning him away while the carnival was blocking every road to the hospitals who said they were willing to admit him. It was late in the afternoon, he was getting worse. Each time I called I heard his breathing become increasingly labored. Everything is hard in Haiti. I can’t remember praying so fervently, so desperately. I know many of you were doing the same.
Finally the terror of this horrible day was about to reside...in God’s mysterious
perfect timing, He guided my papa to a hospital that welcomed him with open arms.
He called after he got checked in to his room. I laid there on my bed, phone pressed to my ear, praising God in my spirit as I felt my papa’s relief drain right into me as we talked. He was still having some breathing pains but he sounded so much better…there was a restored calmness to the sound of his voice. This was the first conversation we’d had all day where tension wasn’t drowning us. After a grueling day Pastor Nahum is resting in a comfortable bed. He has an air conditioned room complete with a television and mini refrigerator. I could hear a half smile in his tired voice as he described his room. But his tone changed to concern for a short moment as he thought of the expenses for this kind of medical care. I assured him God is lavishing him with tons of love and support through the body of Christ, through all of you. I sensed his concerned look soften back into a relaxed smile when heard this. I’m convinced Pastor Nahum has friends or family in every single crevice of Haiti…found out the doctor on shift tonight is one of Pastor Nahum’s friends. He is on IV and they are starting antibiotics first thing in the morning. I will continue to share updates during his stay at Hope Hospital hoping they will be mostly uneventful and nothing like today’s drama. Please pray he sleeps well tonight and the doctors who care for him will be filled with wisdom and guided by the Lord’s hands to bring him full healing.
You can make a general donation to cover Pastor Nahum's medical expenses by clicking on the donate tab at the top of this blog. Thank you and please continue praying. Love, grace, and peace in Jesus to all of you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment