Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm Sarah

 It started when I was just hanging out with them while I was there for adoption purposes. Then they started getting so near, so close...so many of them, these little brown playful people.  I didn't know then how they were going to change my life. God was in it but I still didn't feel strong enough to have them this close. I knew I wasn't strong enough. Because a single heart can’t hold the weight of all this suffering.  The good news is it was never about my strength but by His Spirit.  It happened so fast I nearly felt the blinders being torn from my eyes.  I had new seeing eyes...I could see the way God sees them.  And then I did it.  I fully exposed my heart to all of them. I found this crazy joy running free in the love of Jesus.  Emptying out.

Today when I reflect back I remember how I laughed. I laughed in my tent like Sarah when God first called us to adoption and I laughed again when He called us to be the voice for the forgotten and helpless children in Haiti. Because here’s the thing—in a supernatural way, what God was telling me, is that I was going to have not just 2 more children but a whole village of them. And I'm Sarah.  So I laughed. 

Today I’m happy God still uses the defective ones like me in His kingdom purposes. I’m amazed how He remains faithful to fulfill His divine plans and continues to allow me to participate in them although I’m found laughing in the tent so regularly. I’m thankful that Leon, who has only ever known a mud hut to be home for his whole long life, is now only days away from having his own house with real wood walls and a roof that will not leak. Pastor Nahum has the construction crew ready to build this little home for Leon and his 3 boys. They are just waiting on the materials to arrive in Mirebalais. Poverty stricken people don’t have stores stocked full of the supplies they need to purchase at any given time…it’s hit or miss. Right now the plywood is a miss. But we are hoping it will be available tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment