Tuesday, February 19, 2013
My Search My Fight
Something about giving my heart to the poor changed me. It’s the children. So much new life, small and fragile, birthed straight into darkness—I hurt for them. I watch them search for relief or hope or anything. Their search becomes my search. I can’t stay silent for too long. Few will stop to listen but fighting for them isn't an option and it’s not a phase. I’ll die doing it. Don’t cry, I tell myself. But their faces flash as I write these words. I cry for them in a deep personal way because these could be our sons and daughters and now two of them are my daughters.
What is this wild happy laughter I hear coming from my living room? It’s the sound of joy—a joy so real you can hold it and taste it. Kali tickles Raphaella while Wana sits happy in her daddy’s lap. And this picture of family is what makes me know for sure that when love touches a child-life they don’t have to search for relief or hope or anything—they are loved and that is everything.
All of those precious searching children in Pastor Nahum’s village are waiting to be touched by love. I can’t forget them. I can’t. Please pray for our ministry as the Lord continues to open doors for the hearts and hands of the church to take a child’s hand and show them His love in a real way. Our Take-A-Hand child sponsorship program will launch at the end of March giving you the opportunity to love one of these kids through sponsorship. And we are better off to focus on eternity...because when Jesus returns the things of this world will burn away but our love will remain forever.
#store-up-eternal-treasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment