Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 20, 2013


Last night was hard. If you want to share in a story with a beautiful ending, you should write yourself into this story. But I should warn you...this isn't a short story. You'll have to read through the long chapters before you can fully appreciate the ending where everyone lives happily ever after. It's just like my bible says: We'll have to share in the suffering before we partake of the glory.
The swelling in his brain makes him restless. At his bedside I stare into his eyes. He looks to me. He's trusting I will understand exactly what he needs while his words stay trapped inside. The nurses and doctors are wonderful but it's not possible for them to hear his silent pleas like I do. Only two souls intertwined in untamed Jesus love share unspoken understanding for each other. The way his suffering drains into me--it's supernatural. God created me for this and as I soak in my papa's pain I hear my Jesus whisper, "I'm changing you. You are going to look more like Me after this." That is my greatest desire so I say, "Your will be done with me."
The medicine doesn't seem to be controlling the swelling in his brain and I'm starting to hate how various nurses keep telling me things about different possible surgical procedures to relieve the pressure. Now the neurosurgeon is in our ICU room. He says we have to wait and see but he might need to remove a small bone flap on his skull to relieve this pressure on my papa's brain. Then he told me to make sure all of my papa's friends know that he can't have visitors today. Jesus, I need You. Please fix my papa

No comments:

Post a Comment