Uh, no...we have not yet celebrated Thanksgiving but still that song breaks out in my head, “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas...” It’s that time again where Christmas decor pops up in all the stores, people get more aggressive driving their shopping carts, and we start making a list. There are 2 types of lists: want-lists and give-lists. A want-list is a list of things a person wants to get for Christmas. I consider these acceptable if you’re 8 or 10 but I sort of think if you call yourself a full grown adult, you should trade your wan-list in for a good long give-list or in the very least make sure your want-list is substantially shorter than your give-list. A give-list consists of names listed who you want to give gifts to with gift ideas written next to their names. Usually the people we write down on our give-lists are the ones who are our most favorite special ones.
My kids all know that their names are at the top of my give-list and I feel loved because I know there’s a handful of people out there who have my name written on their give-lists. Gifts are nice and fun but the most treasured part of getting a gift is knowing you were remembered, valued, and loved.
And I can’t help but to feel heartbroken for all of the precious little people whose names never show up on a Christmas give-list. The small child-loves I’m talking about are Pastor Nahum’s impoverished school children and orphans. They are mostly just happy to have food and water...an actual Christmas gift is unfathomable to them. But then I think of how mighty my God is and I start to believe this Christmas could be different for those kids in Haiti. What if the church, you and me, decided to write these Haitian children on our give-list? What if the same compassion and love that Jesus has for these kids welled up wild in each of our hearts? We could give up a few lattes or pass on the popcorn at the movies and instead put these children in Haiti on the top of our give-lists...a small sacrifice like this will make a massive impact in the lives of the children in Pastor Nahum’s village. This Christmas could be one where forgotten children feel the love of Jesus in a real way by receiving a Christmas gift.
Will you join Back to Life Ministries on this mission to make sure all of Pastor Nahum’s orphans and school children get a Christmas gift this year? Let’s put the children of Haiti at the top of our Christmas lists right now and check them off by making a love offering donation that will go directly to the purchase of Christmas gifts for the Haitian children. The Christmas gifts will be delivered to the children when my team and I return to Haiti on December 14th.
Your donation can be any amount. Follow the link below, choose “other” and type in the amount you would like to give to help purchase Christmas gifts for the Haitian children, and then click “Christmas gift donation” on the designation drop down tool bar. Here’s the link: https://www.sagepayments.net/eftcart/forms/donate.asp?M_id=638851974787
(Back to Life Ministries is recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization by the IRS. All donations made to Back to Life Ministries are eligible for tax deductions per IRS guidelines. EIN: 32-0351368)
No comments:
Post a Comment