Monday, November 4, 2013
October 11, 2013
In the mountains, an ocean away, there is a place I go where things are broken. This damaged and fractured place is where my soul somehow feels free to acknowledge the existence of my own brokenness. I soak it all in and look deeper and in the depths of hurt and suffering I find something lovely. I find Jesus and I learn to believe, I mean really believe. It’s true you know, how the Lord works all things together for good. I’ve seen with my own eyes the mysterious way the Lord comforts, protects, restores, and uses the pain. God takes our broken and ugly pieces and puts them together and what you get is something quite shocking, completely wonderful. Pure beauty. I see this clear when I’m in Haiti. The life of a Haitian child is not an easy life but they are not alone. Our Lord God defends and cares for each one of them and here’s what I’d like to encourage you with today: God sees us too. He sees our fractured hearts and He will piece them back together and make something beautiful. #believeit
Today the kids at Gilbert Christian School got a little gift. The last time we went to Haiti our team took t-shirts for the school children. This week was their opening week of school and today they all received their new t-shirts. I want to give a heart felt thank you to my home church, Willow Park Baptist Church, for making it possible for us to give the children in Pastor Nahum’s village these t-shirts. Your love and generosity to our brothers and sisters in Haiti has touched hundreds of children. May God pour out abundant blessings to my beautiful church family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment