It’s Easter Sunday. Our three oldest joy-miracles are in kids’ church. Side by side Trey and I are standing each of us holding tight our 2 newest miracles. It’s been less than two months since they’ve been home but in some ways it seems like they’ve always been with us.
Adoption is mysterious. Painful and beautiful.
We are singing “God is Able”. Hands and voice lifted up to our Jesus.
I can’t help but to remember the times we sang this song…it was before our babies were home…our arms were empty. From the depths of my soul there was a cry that could never be contained. I’d stand there, tears streaming down my face, praising Him in the pain. By God’s grace He held me and whispered to my inmost parts that He saw my pain and assured me His hand was moving even when I couldn’t see it. He is able to bring our babies home…every part of me believed it but not knowing at the time if this was His perfect plan I helplessly fought through the pain doing the only thing that brought any comfort. I called on His Name. Jesus. Jesus. Nothing about it was pretty or perfect but there was belief, trust, and prayers for the miracle. There in the aching and all of my tear smudged mascara I would sing…
“God is with us. God is on our side. He will make a way…Our God is able.”
Yesterday morning as we sang this song during our Easter Church Service I came to the conclusion this is not a song I can sing without crying. The tears welled up and spilled over with Raphaella snuggled up warm against my chest and next to me was Wana playfully stroking the face of her forever daddy.
It was a celebration…rejoicing over His goodness, faithfulness, and Resurrection. Voices raised to our King…
“He defeated the grave. Raised to life our God is able…Far above all we know. Far above all we hope. He has done great things.”
Yes! He has done great things and with a spirit-joy the world can’t give I praised Him yesterday. It was our first Easter together. Our first holiday in two years where it finally felt right...that big huge gaping whole was filled...our babies were actually with us. God was totally able! I lost nearly all my mascara in that holy moment.
OUR LORD JESUS IS NOT DEAD! HE IS ABLE!!
Today is April 9, 2012...a very special day. Our twin treasures are 2 years old!! Happy Birthday baby girls!! God loves you...we love you...and a whole lot of other people love you too!!
I just know this song was created to accompany the story God has written in our lives so I put the two together. See for yourself...
God is Able! I believe it. It's what stirs hope deep down when I'm walking away from the mud hut where Raphaella and Wana's three brothers and biological dad live. It allows me to tear down walls between my comfortable first world life and the third world life of Pastor Nahum and his small band of orphans in Haiti. It's how we dare to walk vulnerable with hearts fully exposed. We look at one another face to face and discover we are the same. And in this place, where titles and positions hold no value, we praise Him and ask Him for humanly impossible things because HE IS ABLE!
*Update on Pastor Nahum's water well emergency: Your quick response allowed them to complete the construction of the protective cement lining and cover for their well in about 3 days. It's no longer flooding in debris when it rains every night. The children are not gathering water in 5 gallon buckets anymore...they are enjoying the blessing of fresh clean running water. Thank you and praise God!!
amazing...thanks so much for sharing this video and your journey with us. I am confident that the Lord will continue to do great things in your life and your life. R&W are blessed to have you as their forever family, just as much as you are to have them in yours. So thankful that God IS able!
ReplyDelete