Friday, August 3, 2012

Going Home But It's Not Over



His words poured out from within.  Barely believing the severity of his heart condition he explained how different the outcome could have been.  “I would have died if I didn’t get this medical attention when I got it.  Oh, pitit mwen, I was really bad.”  

The doctor told him his heart was so enlarged and over exhausted trying to get blood to all of his body that he could have died at any second.  I sat silent in wonder remembering how the Lord promised to be a refuge for the oppressed in times of trouble.  Together Trey and I have marveled over these last few days seeing God faithfully serve as a refuge for Pastor Nahum during his time of trouble.  The Lord’s hand has covered him, rescued him, protected him, and provided for him.  All glory to God!
  
With reverential awe and gratitude exuding from my papa’s spirit, he said he never would have imagined a person like him in Haiti would have had the opportunity to go to a good doctor for medical care like this.  Pastor Nahum is deeply grateful to God and to all of you…he knows he’s alive today because so many of you gave and so many of you prayed, because you were willing to be the hands and feed of Jesus.  With blazing certainty he said, “Oh yes!  God knows I am a person who really loves Him.  God knows how I really trust Him.”  It was a God-glory moment and we soaked it in while adoring our God for showing Himself true again and again.  Pastor Nahum is alive today and God is receiving every ounce of glory!

I truly want all of you to know on behalf of Pastor Nahum, myself, and BTLM how thankful we are for your overwhelming and immediate response to his medical needs.  There was no way we could have gotten him the medical care he urgently needed that literally saved his life if you would not have responded.  The Lord will reward you for your kindness to my papa (Proverbs 19:17).  God bless each of you with the fullness of His love, peace, and joy.

His doctor plans to release him to return home in the morning but he still needs our prayers.  There is a long road to walk before his heart is fully strengthened.  He will initially have to go back to Port-au-Prince for weekly doctor appointments to regulate his medicine and to assure his heart continues to stay stable.  Next Thursday will be his first appointment.  I’m asking for your compassion to stay stirred for my papa and to continue following with prayer and support as there are long term medical expenses he now faces.  Things like gas prices to go to Port-au-Prince for these appointments, the cost of the doctor appointments themselves, and the medicine he will have to buy every month all have to be considered.  Pastor Nahum doesn’t know yet what these expenses will look like but when he goes to his first doctor’s appointment on Thursday we will know the monthly price estimates for his long term expenses.  There will be ongoing opportunities for you to share in caring for his medical needs…what a blessed and beautiful way to serve our Lord Jesus.  May our Lord continue to overflow His faithful provisions and love upon Pastor Nahum’s life, his orphans, and his ministry in Haiti. Amen.          

No comments:

Post a Comment