Saturday, August 4, 2012

Good-bye Hope Hospital



GOOD-BYE HOPE HOSPITAL!! Last week was an awful blurry mess! The whole thing felt like a fight to wake up from a horrible nightmare. Mostly I cried and prayed and then cried and prayed some more. I know with full certainty my Jesus was there through it all…I saw His hand moving. But I can’t honestly say I liked how He was writing the story. Helplessly watching my papa suffer triggered my reflex to beg God for His pen. I wanted to write a different story…one that didn’t add more pain to my papa’s already difficult life. But there is a reason God is writing the story and not me. I don’t understand it all but I nearly choked on my gum as Pastor Nahum sat in his hospital room last night claiming, “THIS IS ALL A BLESSING.” I wondered if he was juiced up on meds…you don’t equate near death experiences with blessings…you just don’t. That had to be the painkillers talking. But he wasn’t loopy on meds…he was thinking straight and totally serious. I heard an excitement in the tone of his voice as he continued, “God is going to use my sickness so I can tell more people about Him.” How beautiful to see my papa finding joy even in his trials to glorify God! 


Doctor appointments, medicines, and special foods…Pastor Nahum faces many new and unexpected expenses needed to continue healing and strengthening his heart. These new medical needs pile up high on his already existing needs to care for his children and orphans in his ministry. But my papa is all too familiar with trials and he’s learned the secret of seeing the blessing in each one of them…this opens doors for more God-glory. May we all grow closer to Jesus through his faithful example! I could never express how thankful we are to each of you for your out pour of prayers and love offerings…May God’s Spirit show you how much your gifts mean to Pastor Nahum during this hard time. Please continue praying for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment