Passing through the house I'll catch him staring into their dark sparkling eyes gently asking, "Do you know I'm your daddy?" My heart throbs with happiness, I can't believe God's grace. How is it that He allows me to see this small glimpse of His kingdom and live in it every day?
| God makes families like this...a small picture of His kingdom on earth |
Under my roof I watch daddy's lips kiss these babies and oh how he loves them. "Yes...I'm your daddy," he whispers and he can't help but smile.
We are still living in the awe of His miracle. Are they really here? Have they really been with us for 7 months?! How beautiful is the faithful love of God!
I was reading back over some of the words I wrote down 4 days before Trey and I flew to Haiti to bring our Haitian twin treasures home and I remember how afraid I became when I realized God was actually going to make this all reality:
I have to think back to why I am where I am now. Our choice to adopt was 100% motivated by the things we read in our Bible. Now that we are about to really do this thing I try to imagine real hard how Raphaella and Wana will fit into our wonderful messed up family and that kind of seriously fuh-reaks me out! I have to go back to my Bible to double check and make sure the parts about God’s love for the orphans and His command for us to care for them are still there because this was always way less about growing our earthly family…it was an obedience thing.
Yep. Still there. I run my fingers slow over some of those words that first compelled us to move.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…” James 1:27
"When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don't go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans, and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.” Deuteronomy 24:19
“God places the lonely in families…” Psalm 68:6
“learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.” Isaiah 1:17
There it is—all those black letters on white pages. I just had to see it once more. His Word is the secret to soothe my soul. Each time I soak it in a little deeper the fear of change fades...only God’s Word has this kind of powerful effect.
It was 7 months ago today when the orphanage was no longer home for our Raphaella and Wana. There's only one way to respond to this. We celebrate with all glory, praise, and thanks to our holy God who also does not leave us as orphans. Still famished for more of this God-glory we beg for His grace that we may follow Him straight back to the lowly places where children are forgotten and alone that we might love more and see again. It was there we gazed on His glory, so thick and heavy, such beauty. We are fighting for Pastor Nahum's orphans and all the children in his village...we want you to fight for them with us. Let's believe miracles for them. We've seen the defending love of God touch our Raphaella and Wana to the point of breaking the chains of poverty and oppression and making them part of our forever family. But our hearts break for their 3 brothers and the rest of Pastor Nahum's children in his village to have this same powerful Love touch them in a tangible way. Pray for them. They need a miracle right now. Pastor Nahum's orphans and 200 other children from his village need help to keep their school opened. Education is crucial for them to even have a chance at escaping their absolute state of poverty. But in order for Pastor Nahum to keep his school operational for all these children he needs help. He needs consistent monthly support...$1400 every month...that seems like a lot for one person but what if 45 people saw these children real and precious as the Lord sees them and chose to commit $30 a month to save their school? We believe the miracle these kids need will come through the sacrificial love of the church and together we can provide the monthly $1400 Pastor Nahum needs to keep his school operational. Opening day of school in Haiti is coming quickly. We continue to pray and believe Gilbert Christian School in Mirebalais, Haiti will be fully funded and opening on October 3rd along with all of the other schools in Haiti because with God nothing is impossible! Click here to see more details about the school and if you would like to be a part of the miracle to save their school please pray for Pastor Nahum, his children, and his school and then consider becoming one of the 45 people needed to donate $30 monthly for this beautiful cause. To donate now, click here and scroll down to Gilbert Christian School Sponsorship to set up easy and secure $30 automatic monthly donations to Back to Life Ministries.
No comments:
Post a Comment