I want to see it again. I want to feel it once more. I want to know the secret of His presence so
real that it covers any circumstance no matter how awful. I want you to see it and feel it with me. It was so rich and alive there under that plain simple church in Haiti. I take a deep breath, exhale and remember
them standing there buried in darkness, with nothing to call their own, no
hope of serious change. I search their
eyes and long for them to pull me up into that strength where they trust
through their pain. They just
trust. And I'm baffled. All that faith swirling with thanks, empty hands raise to God...so attractive...so scandalous. I want it. Their days are long and their nights are dark yet their lips praise. Their lips sing out intense passion-filled praises. Looking to the heavens, praising God, thanking Him. It’s too much. It’s appalling. How can they do this? Surely they believe Jesus died on the cross for their
sins, was buried, 3 days later rose from the dead, is alive today, and is planning to come back
to rescue them from their broken world. Is
that the secret? Is the answer to simply
believe the redemptive truth of the gospel and to look up?
Ah yes, holy is the Lamb. He is worthy.
May we fix our eyes upward with our Haitian sisters and brothers
remembering we are not home yet. Jesus
will not leave us all jacked up in our fallen world. I believe.
I praise. I give thanks.
Shout triumphantly to the
LORD, all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Acknowledge that Yahweh is
God.
He made us, and we are His—
His people, the sheep of
His pasture.
Enter His gates with
thanksgiving
and His courts with
praise.
Give thanks to Him and
praise His name.
For Yahweh is good, and
His love is eternal;
His faithfulness endures
through all generations.
Psalm 100
Thank you for your prayers and for joining with Pastor Nahum’s church to celebrate during their Thanksgiving Revival. We are praising God for His provisions to give this precious Haitian church a cow. They got the cow this morning, killed the cow, and will spend the day cooking the cow for their church wide thanksgiving meal after their service tomorrow morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment