All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions
was his own, but they shared everything they had. Acts 4:32
There’s something so breathtaking about the picture of the
body of Christ that this verse paints. I
have to go back, trace my fingers over the words, re-read, then sit and wonder. This is how it’s supposed to be but do we, as
the church, look like this? Totally
selfless, oblivious to fancy titles, united, sharing everything…it’s absolutely
beautiful! God give me the grace to be a
reflection of your church in this way.
Today Pastor Nahum posted a few pictures on his facebook
that immediately brought to mind this verse.
There are beautiful pockets of the body painting the image of how the
church is supposed to love each other.
God’s Littlest Angels (the orphanage where we finalized our
adoption of Rafio and Wana) has a heart for Pastor Nahum and his Back to Life
Ministry. They have sent teams out to
help him with several various projects just to bless him in all that he’s doing
for the children of Haiti and as a brother in Christ.
Have you seen these amazing new benches GLA brought out for
Pastor Nahum to use in his church and school?
They also painted more of his home/orphanage. These love offerings and gifts serve as a
huge encouragement and blessing to Pastor Nahum and his wife. A deep heartfelt thanks to the GLA teams who
continue to remember the needs of Pastor Nahum!
Since the first time I ever met Pastor Nahum he’s reflected
Acts 4:32 in his life and today is just one more example of that. If you were in Mirebalais, Haiti early this
morning you would have found Pastor Nahum with tools in hand headed down the
road to help build a home for an elderly person in his church. Oh how I love this humbled and faithful servant of the Lord…
May God bless all of them as they live out Acts 4:32!!
Now if you have a few extra minutes I’m going to share
something personal on a totally different note…
I've been swaying in and out of resting in God’s peace and
flipping out over the last 24 hours.
Imagining certain unimaginable things is not good for people
like me who have a supercharged melodramatic imagination that gets juiced up on
“what ifs” of the worst kind. Things
that have not even happened yet and may never happen start playing out in my
head like it’s real. Real tears even fall. So it's probably nothing but Trey has this surface
level pain on the left side of his head and it’s been constant for about a week
now. It's sort of strange. Nothing we've heard of before. But like a typical guy, he didn’t
mention it to me until yesterday. We
googled stuff about scalp pain (big mistake…not a faith booster) and at the
sight of the “C” word a lump formed in my throat. Fear struck and my melodramatic mind took off
on a sprint.
For over 15 years he’s pulled me in close, my head lays perfect
against his chest where the rhythm of his heart soothes, he wraps his strong arms
around me and in those moments the worries of life melt into nothing. No one can do that like Trey. We are one flesh. I need him.
If anything ever happened to him I’d fail to function. I’m no good without him. Who would change my oil, load music on my
iphone, brush Wana’s hair while I brush Rafio’s, make me feel beautiful, run with
me free in God’s love, give me unending grace through all of my failures, understand my obsession for candy and all things sweet, and
hold my hand as we follow the passions God has put in our hearts? I’ll spare you and stop there because all up
in my head there’s an awful lot of "what ifs" swirling fierce at despairing
levels.
It’s not helpful to stuff my untamed imagination into words but
I guess I’m doing it because it’s my way of asking for prayer. If you want to talk to Jesus about the
unknown I’m living in right now I’d appreciate it. Pray to God with me…ask Him to make whole and
healthy whatever is going on with Trey's head and ask for the peace of Christ to rule in
our hearts and to block out the “what
ifs” as we wait to see what the doctor says about all of this on Monday. I love you, Trey...sorry for flipping out...I seriously love you!!



No comments:
Post a Comment